0418 404 527
CollectionFord Criminal Lawyers collects personal information for the purposes of fulfilling its functions and responsibilities under, and to facilitate compliance with, the Legal Profession Act 2004 (NSW) and associated regulations, to administer member services and to provide other services for legal practitioners and the public.
We may collect website visitors’ contact information (like their email addresses). Unless you object, this information may be used:
- to send news, information about our activities and general promotional material which we believe may be useful to you;
- to monitor who is accessing the website or using services offered on the website; and
- to profile the type of people accessing the website.
If you do not wish to have your personal information used in this manner or for any other specific purpose, you can email us accordingly.
Use and DisclosureFord Criminal Lawyers will use and disclose personal information only for the purposes for which it is collected or in accordance with the Privacy Act, including:
- providing legal practitioners with information relevant to the legal profession;
- maintaining membership records;
- providing information on programs, services and benefits available to Members;
- conducting research relevant to Members, legal practitioners or the provision of legal services;
- providing information to subsidiaries of Ford Criminal Lawyers, our professional advisors and contractors, and professional indemnity insurers and practising certificate funders;
- allowing use of personal information in a controlled manner by entities distributing information relevant to members or legal practitioners;
- providing information to organisations which regulate or represent the legal profession; and
- providing information as authorised or required by law.
Where practicable we implement measures to require organisations to whom disclosure is made to comply with the Privacy Act and other confidentiality measures.
Ford Criminal Lawyers may publish a list of legal practitioners including limited personal information such as name, address and contact information. Specialist Accreditation and other relevant qualifications may also be disclosed.
Storage and security of personal informationFord Criminal Lawyers takes reasonable precautions to protect the personal information it holds from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Internet transmission of informationWhere appropriate Ford Criminal Lawyers uses secure transmission facilities. However, no transmission of information over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure and we do not warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over the Internet.
If you do not want your personal information to be disclosed
If you request us not to use personal information in a particular manner or at all, we will adopt all reasonable measures to observe your request but we may still use or disclose that information if:
- we subsequently notify you of the intended use or disclosure and you do not object to that use or disclosure;
- we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for government or public security in the performance of their functions; or
- we are required by law to disclose the information.
We will preserve the content of any email you may send us if we believe we have the legal requirement to do so.
Third PartiesWe will not sell or otherwise provide your information to a third party, or make any other use for your personal information, for any purpose which is not incidental to the use of this website. For the removal of doubt, personal information will not be used for any purpose which a reasonable person in your position would not expect.
Access, Corrections and Further informationYou have the right to request access to any personal information held by Ford Criminal Lawyers which relates to you, unless Ford Criminal Lawyers is permitted by law to withhold that information. Any requests for access to your personal information should be made to the Ford Criminal Lawyers in writing. You also have the right to request the correction of any personal information which relates to you and is inaccurate. Any corrections should be advised to Ford Criminal Lawyers in writing.
Your email message content may be monitored by us for trouble-shooting or maintenance purposes or if any form of email abuse is suspected.
Personal information which we collect may be aggregated for analysis but in circumstances we would ensure that individuals would remain anonymous.
All personal information which we collect (including your contact details and, if relevant, credit card details) is kept confidential to the best of our ability. You will appreciate, however, that we cannot guarantee the security of transmission.
We consider it is the responsibility of parents to monitor their children’s use of our website. Nevertheless it is our policy not to require personal information from persons known to be under the age of 18 years or offer to send any promotional material to persons in that category.